Lemon Chiffon Cake
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp. (45 grams) of Gavia
Egg Yolk Batter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. (30 grams) of Gavia
- 40 grams of plain flour
- 10 grams of corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of lemon extract
- ¼ tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of milk
- Zest of one lemon
- For the egg yolk batter, in a bowl whisk egg yolks and Gavia until pale and fluffy.
- Add in lemon extract, vanilla extract and zest of one lemon.
- Sift in plain flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt until just combined. Set aside.
- In your mixer bowl, whisk egg whites on high speed until frothy. Then slowly add in Gavia.
- Whisk on high speed until stiff peaks.
- Fold in egg white batter into egg yolk batter a third at a time.
- Transfer into a 6 inch ungreased chiffon cake pan.
- Bake it in the oven at 170C for 35 minutes.
- Let it cool upside down completely.
- Use a thin knife carefully slide around the pan to remove the cake.
- Serve with blueberry and whipped cream.